Manufacturing Industry: Serious Claims Rate Decreased by 38%
- Worker fatalities are slightly below the overall average with 1.4 fatalities per 100,000 workers
- The industry has the second highest serious claim frequency rate with 8.9 serious claims per million hours worked. However, the rate has decreased by 38% over the past decade
- The fabricated metal product sub-industry recorded the highest frequency rate with 24.0 serious claims per million hours worked
- The metallic mineral product manufacturing sub-industry had the highest fatality rate with 7.4 fatalities per 100,000 workers
- Vehicle incidents and being hit by falling objects were the main causes of fatalities (18% of fatalities each), and Muscular stress while lifting, carrying or putting down objects was the main cause of injuries (19% of serious claims)
Where can I get more information?
Want to know more? Then don’t hesitate to get in touch with us >
Be informed of the latest industry news, key updates and our product and version releases, by following us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. You can also get them delivered straight to your mailbox here.