What is the New Zealand Parliamentary Counsel Office?
The New Zealand Parliamentary Counsel Office (PCO) drafts legislation to support the Government’s legislative programme. Their goal is to provide legislation that is effective, clear, consistent with other legislation and adheres to legal principles.
The PCO, as New Zealand’s law drafting office, is responsible for:
- Drafting New Zealand Government Bills (except Inland Revenue Bills) and Legislative Instruments
- Publishing all New Zealand Bills, Acts, and Legislative Instruments, both in hard copy and online on the New Zealand Legislation website
Why are Work Health and Safety Regulations important?
Health and safety regulations in the workplace are paramount to ensure your place of work doesn’t induce accidents, injuries, and fatalities. Proactive thinking and having mitigation frameworks in place is where legislation, guidelines, and regulations play a major role.
Protecting your employees is the number one priority. When organisations have clearly articulated and well understood health and safety processes in place, their team is less likely to experience workplace injuries. This means your workplace can be protected from the potential liabilities and costs associated with incidents that occur on-site.
The Health and Safety at Work (General Risk and Workplace Management) Regulations 2016
The Health and Safety at Work Regulations 2016 outline the duties of identifying hazards, how to maintain effective controls, how to review these control measures, and other point such as:
- Managing risks associated with remote or isolated work
- Managing risks associated with atmosphere with potential for fire or explosion
- Managing risks associated with ignition sources
- Managing risks associated with substances hazardous to health
- Duty to inform worker of health monitoring
- Duty to ensure appropriate health monitoring is provided
- Duty to ensure health monitoring is supervised
- Duty to pay costs of health monitoring
To download your copy of the regulations, simply click here >
Want to know more? Then don’t hesitate to get in touch with us >
Be informed of the latest industry news, key updates and our product and version releases, by following us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
. You can also get them delivered straight to your mailbox here