The nature of work in the construction industry means it is a relatively high-risk industry and is reflected in both the comparatively high level of fatalities and serious workers’ compensation claims.
Here are the stats
- 31 workers killed each year
- 31% falls from a height
- 15% hit by falling objects
- Nearly 1/3 workers aged 35 and under
- 12,700 serious claims each year
- 15% muscular stress while lifting, carrying objects
- 14% muscular stress while handling objects
- Almost 1/3 made by construction trades workers
Where can I get more information?