The government industry is one of the many high-risk industries around the world, including North America. Do you keep up with the latest in the government industry?
Did you know…
- With a total population of more than 323 million people, the United States is the third most populous country in the world behind India and China
- The U.S. economy is by far the largest economy in the world according to a country-based GDP ranking; in 2016, U.S. GDP amounted to about 18.62 trillion U.S. dollars
- The total volume of U.S. exports has vastly grown in the last two decades and amounted to 1.45 trillion U.S. dollars in 2016
- About 2.8 million nonfatal workplace injuries and illnesses were reported by private industry employers in 2017, occurring at a rate of 2.8 cases per 100 full-time workers; both the number of injuries and illnesses and the rate of these cases declined from 2016
- A total of 5,190 workers died from a work-related injury in the U.S. in 2016, the highest annual figure since 2008
- The fatal injury rate was 3.6 per 100,000 full-time equivalent workers, the highest since 2010
Where can I get more information?