- Worker fatalities are high with 15.6 fatalities per 100,000 workers, with no improvement in recent years
- Serious claims rates are high with 11.0 serious claims per million hours worked, however, this has fallen by 36% since 2011-12
- The road freight transport sub-sector accounted for 92% of worker fatalities and 82% of serious claims
- As an occupation, truck drivers accounted for the highest proportion of both worker fatalities (84%) and serious claims (54%)
- Vehicle incidents accounted for 79% of worker fatalities, followed by being hit by moving objects (6%)
- Muscular stress while handling objects accounted for the highest proportion of serious claims (18%), followed by muscular stress while lifting, carrying or putting down an object (15%), and falls on the same level (13%)
Want to know more? Then don’t hesitate to get in touch with us >
Be informed of the latest industry news, key updates and our product and version releases, by following us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. You can also get them delivered straight to your mailbox here.