- Position Title: Product Owner
- Division: Product Development
- Reports to: Product Manager
- Location: Adelaide
- Employment: Full-Time
The Product Owner makes decisions about what a product is by balancing user needs, business outcomes, financial viability and technical impact. The ability to make balanced decisions is achieved through working closely within a Scrum Team in conjunction with a Delivery Lead who will manage day-to-day delivery. This provides the PO with a detailed view into value and product outcomes – as well as being involved with customer/user research and having a continuous conversation with business sponsors and stakeholders. This role will report to a Product Manager, work across a stream of products, and collaborate with other Product Owners but is embedded within a specific team.
- Define product strategy collaboratively to deliver against key outcomes.
- Define specific initiatives aligned to product strategy and broader portfolio strategy to deliver key outcomes.
- Prioritise product initiatives within a roadmap and own product outcomes.
- Customer and end user focus to produce personas, user journeys and artefacts that articulate the customer experience.
- Understand customers, end users and product interactions.
- Work with the Scrum team to define high level backlog of features.
- Measure and report on business impact and ROI on product initiatives.
- Collaborate with broader business users, SMEs and stakeholders.
- Prioritise day to day backlog items and clarify them with the Scrum Team.
Stakeholder & Customer Engagement
- Define and execute on customer and stakeholder engagement strategy.
- Managing product related communication to internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with Product Manager and other stakeholders to maintain alignment of product direction & outcomes and manage risks.
- Attend all team routines.
- Continuously review changes to the longer-term backlog with the team, validating for tech feasibility and complexity.
- Involvement in user research and design to help shape feature design.
- Ensure the Scrum Team understands the value of features and understands the customer perspective and work with the Delivery Lead to ensure understanding of product direction.
- Work with Delivery Lead to set sprint goals and prioritise work to be done.
- Work with Designer to create great CX and product experience.
- Accept delivery output from the Scrum Team and Delivery Lead.
- Acts as consumer of the Delivery Function.