"Having previously used INX Software elsewhere I have found it to offer far greater functionality to suit Council needs when compared to other products in the market. We sought a new solution which would ensure data centralisation, workflow management, analysis, event monitoring and encourage the proactive management of health and safety and INX InControl gives us this."
Located in New Zealand’s South Island, Nelson City Council is a unitary authority, providing services and facilities to ensure the effective functioning of Nelson City. Services provided include developing and maintaining infrastructure, providing community services and facilities, regulatory management and environmental management.
With health and safety being a high priority for Nelson City Council and its 250 plus employees and contractors, a new solution was sought which could assist with:
- Risk management
- Investigation and root cause analysis
- Corrective actions
- Events including hazards, meetings, risk assessments, audits, inspections, safe work observations and suggestions for improvement
- Event and incident notification
- Documents and procedures
- Trends, event analysis and reporting
Finding the Right Solution
Having previously used a variety of access databases and MS Excel spreadsheets to manage these tasks it was found that improvements could be made in:
- Data centralisation
- Greater efficiency in various health and safety processes
- Creating workflows for various management functions
- Providing a greater level of analysis and oversight
- Tracking and monitoring corrective and preventative actions effectively
As a global provider for over 500,000 people for small to medium enterprises and Fortune 500 companies, INX Software ensured that these requirements and more were met. Nelson City Council will be using the INX InControl and INX InControl Mobile solutions for health, safety, risk and event management and reporting and the supporting INX +Analytics (now INX +BI) tool for more advanced reporting and graphing through live, drill down enabled dashboards.