Participants in the Effective Risk Management Workshop will:
- Learn through an understanding of the Entropy Model that incidents and losses are caused by residual risk and entropic risk; the latter resulting from degradation of or poorly developed organizational systems
- Learn to apply the Entropy Model to effectively manage risk to pursue productivity, quality work outcomes and HSE incident mitigation concurrently, with active participation of the workforce
- Understand the value-add that compliance achieves and how to:
- Develop and maintain a HSE risk register
- Develop a framework for the HSE Management System
- Keep up to date with legislative requirements
- Follow the safety journey model as a means of continuously improving their organisation
- Be challenged to undertake a transformation from safety-based thinking to risk-based thinking by which productivity, quality work outcomes and HSE incident mitigation are pursued concurrently
About Tania and ALIGN Risk Management
Tania Van der Stap is the Founder and Principal Director of ALIGN Strategic Management Services Pty Ltd established in 2002, after having Productive Safety Management published internationally by Butterworth-Heinemann. The publication presents a strategic, multi-disciplinary management system for hazardous industries that ties safety and production together.
From 2002 to 2012, Tania provided HSE consulting services to Chevron’s Gorgon Project, Monadelphous, Baker Hughes, Fortescue Metals Group and Worley Parsons. Thereafter for 5 years, Tania took a HSE Manager’s role with AngloGold Ashanti Australia where she made significant improvements taking the department from ‘vulnerable’ to ‘proactive’ on the HSE journey.
In late 2016, her company was rebadged to ALIGN Risk Management specialising in HSE Consulting and Risk Leadership Programs for managers, supervisors, HSE professionals and workers. Her chapter on ‘Risk Leadership – A Multi-Disciplinary Approach’ has been accepted by the American Society of Safety Professionals and will be published in Safety Leadership and Professional Development ahead of the ASSP’s 2018 Safety Conference.
In addition to Productive Safety Management being a substantial, refereed publication, Tania’s credentials include academic qualifications in Commerce and also Public Health and Safety.
Where can I get more information?