Victoria’s Dangerous Goods (Transport by Road or Rail) Regulations 2018 (DG TRR Regulations) commence on 25 October 2018.
What has changed?
The new DG TRR Regulations are mainly the same but they do reflect changes that have been made nationally for the transport of dangerous goods.
The changes maintain Victoria’s already high safety standards and continue to align with national and international standards for the transport of dangerous goods.
They also deliver significant savings to Victorian businesses by reducing regulatory burden for the transport of lower risk dangerous goods by removing duplicate compliance requirements for explosive component transport.
The changes affect those that:
- Hold or require a dangerous goods vehicle or driver’s licence
- Transport empty dangerous goods packaging
- Transport dangerous goods in limited quantities
- Transport constituents of a bulk ammonium nitrate-based explosives to manufacturing sites
- Transport cylinders
- Are involved in packaging design (both bulk tanker and non-bulk tanker)
- Want to seek an exemption or administrative determination or approval
Where can I get more information?
Want to know more? Then don’t hesitate to get in touch with us >