- Worker fatalities are slightly below the overall average with 1.4 fatalities per 100,000 workers
- The industry has the second highest serious claim frequency rate with 8.9 serious claims per million hours worked. However, the rate has decreased by 38% over the past decade
- The fabricated metal product sub-industry recorded the highest frequency rate with 24.0 serious claims per million hours worked
- The metallic mineral product manufacturing sub-industry had the highest fatality rate with 7.4 fatalities per 100,000 workers
- Vehicle incidents and being hit by falling objects were the main causes of fatalities (18% of fatalities each), and Muscular stress while lifting, carrying or putting down objects was the main cause of injuries (19% of serious claims)
Where can I get more information?