New Gold is an intermediate gold mining company. The company has a portfolio of four producing assets and three significant development projects. The New Afton Mine in Canada, the Mesquite Mine in the United States, the Peak Mines in Australia and the Cerro San Pedro Mine in Mexico, provide the company with its current production base. In addition, New Gold owns 100% of the Rainy River and Blackwater projects, both in Canada. New Gold’s objective is to be the leading intermediate gold producer, focused on the environment and social responsibility.
New Gold were managing their health and safety, risks, skills and training, environmental data, compliance, medical and industrial hygiene, and reporting through a variety of spreadsheets, documents, and disparate systems. With such a large global workforce operating across multiple sites with differing languages, the ability to provide a system to support a streamlined approach to management and reporting was of vital importance to New Gold. A workforce solution across these areas of the business was sought which could meet the requirements of:
- Multilanguage (ability to configure system for different countries of operation)
- Multi-site support
- Browser and mobile accessibility
- Capture a range of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) data
- Simplify the tracking and assigning of corrective actions
- Provide global notifications through a range of triggers
- Improved decision making and visibility through dashboard reporting
- Companywide adoption
- Streamlined training of one solution for immediate understanding
- Configurability to grow with the company
- Simpler and more effective reporting provided to those who need it on demand
Software was selected by New Gold for its extensive range of workforce and business functionality, integrated nature and flexibility in user configuration to meet the growing and ever changing nature of the organisation and industry as a whole.
INX Software is a proven solution that is used by over 250 organisations both in Australia and overseas to manage more than 500,000 people across a range of industries including mining, engineering, government, food & beverage, transport, oil & gas, marine, aviation, communications, utilities and healthcare.
New Gold are one of INX Software’s biggest users having deployed INX InControl and the INX InControl Mobile Application for the management of health, safety, risks and events (inspections, meetings, safe act observations, injuries etc.); INX InTuition for training, skills and competencies; and INX InHealth for medical surveillance and industrial hygiene management.